Thursday, October 30, 2014

Friday Plan for CREATIVE WRITING (Happy Halloween!)



1) Do your grammar assignments on schoology/no red ink.
  • Apostrophes I
  • Sentences and Fragments



2) Complete Writing Experiment #4 (listed below, and on schoology)

Writing Experiment #4:  Personal Essay or Story
Halloween Writing Prompt

Directions:
  1. Open a blank google doc.
  2. Copy the directions in red (below), then paste them into the top of your doc.
  3. Read the directions carefully, so you BEGIN WITH THE END IN MIND.
  4. Read the choices you have for this assignment, then select the one you most want to write about.
  5. Start your essay!  
  6. I am the only one who will read this!  It will not be shared with anyone else in class, unless you choose to do so.
  7. Don't submit it here as an assignment. Just leave it in your own personal google drive (NOT in the class folder).
You must answer "YES" to all the following questions for 100% on this assignment.
1.      The piece is a minimum of 400 words.  My word count is in parentheses beside my name.
2.     I used paragraphs to show my shifting ideas.
3.     I used the correct MLA format for heading.  (If you don’t remember how to do this, open your Childhood Fear poem, and copy that format.)
4.     I doublespaced the whole piece.
5.     I included at least five specific examples to support what I’m saying--these five specific examples are highlighted in yellow.
6.     I used thesaurus.com to replace at least five words I ordinarily use with five more powerful, precise words--these words are highlighted in pink.
7.     All above items are complete by classtime tomorrow, at which time I will submit it .  We will talk tomorrow about how to share it and turn it in.
Posted Tue Oct 28, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Image attachment
Image attachment
Image attachment
Image attachment
Image attachment




3) Last FIfteen Minutes of Class
  • Decorate your folder, OR do quizlet vocab games.




No comments: